If you’re anything like me, running on the treadmill is one of the last things you want to do. This makes winter difficult when it comes to getting outside for a run. While there is weather that you just can’t or at least shouldn’t go out in, with the proper running attire, you can still get plenty of mileage outside during those winter months.
Here is a list of some essentials to keep you warm:
- Fleece lined leggings
- Sweat wicking shirt, preferably with thumb holes
- Cheap cotton gloves- These can be found at your local Dollar Tree.
- Fleece lined jacket
- Weatherproof jacket/ windbreaker
- Headband that covers your ears or a beanie
- Socks that can handle getting wet, wool
- Slip traction for shoes*
*I have yet to try slip traction for my shoes, but there was an article put out in the Idaho Statesman by the Boise Area Runners which provides a video demo of the different kinds and their uses. Check it out here.
Stay warm out there and happy running!